Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Barrel of Laughter...

what a phenomenal day! It was the Spring Fair at school so there was a huge picnic in the quad. I met up with some friends from psych and we ate and ate...brats, burgers, potato salad, beans, cotton candy...man, do they know how to entice poor college students - FREE FOOD!! There was a karaoke set-up with a sound booth and they were burning cd's for people who did it...needless to say, I was not one of them =)...Dylan rode the mechanical bull and we all watched the impromptu gymnastics tournament on the inflatable Twister game...my friends Bridget, Leslie, Mo and Aaron convinced me to try the 30 foot inflatable slide...vertigo and all...it was a blast, but I don't envy whoever was behind me on the highway home...just a wee bit dizzy! I figured I was still less impaired than the happy hour boozers (who are NEVER drunk, right?) on the highway with me. Smiling on the way home, I realized that for the first time in a VERY long time, I had a couple of totally free hours, that cost nothing, with friends but off the usual treadmill...and I never ONCE thought about bills, or finals, or the price of gas...I was free. What a recharge. Coming home to the routine juggling act was that much easier...and I looked forward to it that much more.

No comments: