Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Brunch...

so I'm wandering around the Brasserie in Crown Center scoping out the food stations at brunch. Man, they had everything! Standard omelettes, waffles etc...a seafood bar replete with salmon, mussels and to die for scallops...I get to the meat stuff and am chatting it up with the Chef:

"So, I see the ham out, but what else do you have today?" I ask.

"well, we have lamb, roast beef, corn chowder and rabbit stew."

I stopped cold, glancing at the costumed Easter Bunny taking a photo op with some kiddies in the background. The irony was too much and laughing, I said, "Rabbit Stew...AT AN EASTER BRUNCH!?" I lifted the lid to the nearly overflowing crock, "Many takers???" I quipped with a wry grin.

"Not so many...I can't figure it, it's wonderful, I made it myself!" was his reply.

I said, "You know, Mother's Day would be a better sell...at least on that day, we already know the rabbit DIED..."

He said he'd prepare it then if I promised to come back =)