Monday, May 15, 2006

Belated Mother's Day...

A quick post, as I am again at the library and my minutes are swincling. I got thru my psych exam in one piece, and as long as I manage to sit thru my art crit tomorrow, I am DONE for the semester. (By DONE, I mean there is nothing I can do to screw up my grades any more! it is our of my control!)

Mother's Day...I hope the day found everyone well, and not stressed or overworked. Sometimes the fanfare of a day like that can take away from the peace. Well, I was so in need of rest that I passed on the family brunch at the Brasserie, but I have it on good advice that rabbit stew was NOT on the menu this time. (re: my Easter post)...I actually slept until noon yesterday. I almost feel bad putting that out there. Almost. Honestly, I told the kids that I didn't want any gifts...just a sleep-in and a letter from them to me...you know, for the drawer in my dresser that holds all manner of teeth, hair clippings and scribble pictures. Well, at least Dylan tried - he wrote Happy Mom's Day on the dry erase board on the fridge! The Divine Miss Em made me "brunch" to order - which goes without saying was PHENOM...okay, so they're not Hemmingway...they are, however, the lifeblood of my world and give me more reasons to smile than I ever thought I would have...

if the universe is in a pleasant mood, my next post should be from home!!!

2 comments:

noncommon said...

this is it, no? the final week? ahhhhhhhhhhhh, then it's summer and the adults get to act stupid! start planning the party!

Marcie said...

What a perfect Mother's Day:)